Session plan: Finding someone to trust and talk to
Opening up the topic and sharing ideas and experiences
Questions to open the conversation on this topic
- Who would you find easy to be open and honest with?
- What type of qualities might they need?
- Why do you need to make an effort with a trusted person. What does this mean?
- What are the challenges or possible challenges to finding a person to trust?
- What ideas do you have for overcoming those challenges?
Resources to support planning and making your move
- Activity sheet: Picking a person to trust
- Prompt card: Mother Theresa
- Case study: Laine Esperanzate
- How to find a trusted person or mentor
Subhead / Student materials to support thinking and learning
- Journal: Resilience journey [page 26]
Related resources and downloads
This activity will help you to think about who you might be able to ask for help from on your resilience journey.
Mother Theresa spent her whole life helping others. Use this prompt card to get the ideas flowing about finding someone to trust and asking for help.