Session plan: Learning from experience – good and bad
Opening up the topic and sharing ideas and experiences
Questions to open the conversation on this topic
- Can anyone give any examples of times when we learn?
- What helps you to learn?
- Have you ever learned something from making a mistake?
Resources to support planning and action
- Activity sheet: Mirror for the mind
- Prompt card: Albert Einstein
- Case study: Rob from Newham
- How to learn from experience - good and bad
Student materials to support thinking and learning
- Journal: Session reflections [pages 4 - 19]
- Journal: Resilience journey [page 26]
- Journal: Buzz diary [page 32]
Related resources and downloads
This activity will help you learn from your experiences. Be honest. Be thoughtful. It will help you see how far you’ve come and help you to plan your next steps.
Even Albert Einstein made mistakes! This prompt card will help to get ideas flowing about how to learn from experiences - good and bad.