Session plan: Noticing the good things in life
Opening up the topic and sharing ideas and experiences
Questions to open the conversation on this topic
- Who has been focusing on this move in their plan?
- Who wants to focus on it?
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this week?
- How do you feel when you talk about that good thing?
Resources to support planning and making your move
- Activity sheet: The power of positive thinking
- Prompt card: Jessica Ennis-Hill
- Case study: Amyn Ali
- How to notice the good things in life
Student materials to support thinking and learning
- Journal: Five things [page 29]
- Journal: This is the good stuff [page 35]
Related resources and downloads
Try this activity if you want to see how a bit of positive thinking can make life feel a little bit better.
Jessica Ennis-Hill has some wise words on staying positive. Use this prompt card to spark ideas and inspiration about noticing the good things.
When Amyn was 15 his mum asked him to leave home because their relationship was so difficult and he was caught up in conflict. Find out more.