Session plan: Staying motivated
Opening up the topic and sharing ideas and experiences
Questions to open the conversation on this topic
- What does it mean to feel motivated?
- What do you do to stay motivated?
- What ideas have you tried out?
- What ideas do you want to try out? What stops you from trying them?
- Has anyone rewarded themselves for sticking to something?
Resources to support planning and making your move
- Activity sheet: A pat on the back
- Prompt card: Maya Angelou
- Case study: Rob from Newham
- How to stay motivated
Student materials to support thinking and learning
- Journal: Space for your dreams [page 24]
- Journal: Your resilience journey [page 26]
Related resources and downloads
Use this activity to stay motivated and plan how you'll reward yourself when you achieve a goal or stick with something that you're finding hard.
Maya Angelou knew a thing or two about motivation. Use this prompt card to get the ideas flowing on how you can stay motivated.