Session plan: Tackling difficult relationships
Opening up the topic and sharing ideas and experiences
Questions to open the conversation on this topic
- Who do you have difficult relationships with?
- How does it make you feel?
- What ideas have you tried out or do you want to try out?
- What are the challenges or possible challenges?
- What ideas are there for overcoming those challenges?
Resources to support planning and making your move:
- Activity sheet: You’re so annoying!
- Prompt card: Barack Obama
- Case study: Amyn Ali
- How to tackle difficult relationships
Student materials to support thinking and learning:
- Journal: shoulda, coulda, woulda [page 28]
Related resources and downloads
Use this activity to understand a bit more about the difficult relationships in your life. There are ideas and tips on making the relationship easier.
Barack Obama has tackled many difficult relationships in his life. Use this prompt card as an inspiration for exploring how you could tackle them too.
When Amyn was 15 his mum asked him to leave home because their relationship was so difficult and he was caught up in conflict. Find out more.