Session plan: Dealing with tricky situations and people
Opening up the topic and sharing ideas and experiences
Questions to open the conversation on this topic
- Does anyone find it tough to talk about difficult relationships?
- Does anyone feel that it’s easier to just ignore the problem?
- How could you feel brave enough to face these challenges?
- What ideas are there for overcoming those challenges?
Resources to support planning and making your move
- Activity sheet: Bad day or good day
- Prompt card: Miley Cyrus
- Case study: Khadija Sethi
- How to deal with tricky situations and people
Student materials to support thinking and learning:
- Journal: Your resilience journey [page 26]
- Journal: Coulda, shoulda, woulda [page 28]
- Journal: Bad day or good day? [page 34]
Related resources and downloads
Use this cartoon activity to think about how you deal with different people and situations - whether tricky or smooth. What can you learn for the future?
Miley Cyrus has had more than her fair share of criticism. Use this prompt card to get inspiration about dealing with tricky situations.